Friday, June 8, 2018

Caritas Live it Challenge (24 hours at school!!!)


Hi guys
                                It’s Me
                                                                    I’m Back

And I have a story for you!!! On Friday the 18th to Saturday the 19th I stayed at school for the night for the Caritas challenge,
Ok the day begins a 9:00am on Friday

We arrived at school with all of our stuff to stay the night with

  • boxes
  • tarps
  • night bag with warm clothes and toothbrush and toothpaste
  • sleeping bag/blackets
  • yoga mat to sleep on

We put are bags in the breakout space (a small space to work in) and moved all the boxes in to empty room 8 (well not so empty with all the boxes to make are shelters with)

and then we set of with our day.
Once the bell rang for us to go to class we did the roll, then we gave all of our fundraising forms to see who the top three fundraisers were. I came third with fundraising $115!!! I got a t-shirt but I got last pick so I got red!




We all collected our wristbands, after that we went to mass/church and came back and went to morning tea play, that goes for 15 minutes. Normally after that we would come in for 15 minutes, have a story read and eat our food but not this time! We came back in from play and sat down and a person from the City Mission came and talked to us. After that we went down to the Anti-Bullying Assembly in the library.
After the Assembly we came back upstairs for a talk before saying grace and going out for lunch. We played for 45 minutes and ate for 15 minutes and then onto our Move It challenge but I was helping organising the Sweat It team second hand market. When I came back up with Beccy, Joanna, Monique, Alisha, Conner, and we had are lunch by the playground. We went back in to the library to continue setting up. 2 hours later we opened for business. We had a huge success. We raised $407.75c. We had to pack up!!! We missed the announcing of the groups but our groups that we were in came and got us to start building our cardboard shelters!!!!



Then once we finished we moved our stuff in and set up. By then it was dark out side, so we went and had our cup of plain rice for dinner.
Then we played hide'n'seek, spot light and go home stay home.
It was a fun night, but then sleeping in our shelter!!!! I was so hot so I was in PJ shorts, thermal with a unicorn onesie on top and let me remind I was sleeping out side!!!
Then we woke up at 6:25am because someone in my group accidentally woke me up. Then it continued. Once we were all up we went and got breakfast of 2 pieces of bread with butter. Once breakfast was over we got changed into our clothes then packed up our shelter.
Of to netball I went,
It was an amazing experience.

BYEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Please structure your comments as follows:

Positive - Something done well

Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what we had to say

Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about